Friday, January 28, 2011

Trekking KnitAlong Update


Week 3 provided instructions for a short-row heel.  I ripped out the first one I knit, and reknit it; I wasn't happy with the tension and all of the little holes.

Week 4 finishes the leg.  The designer recommends a stockinette stitch back to the leg, but I'm knitting a K2P2 rib.  I think a stockinette leg yields a somewhat slouchy sock, and ribbing helps the sock to stay up better.  There is a video clip to demonstrate the sewn cast-off as developed by Elizabeth Zimmerman.  I'll have pictures of my completed socks next week.

Next week, we begin the 2d project:  a fingerless glove.  I can't wait!  These knit alongs have been a lot of fun, and I'm learning lots!

Online Store Update


I've purchased the software and have begun to build the online store.  I've been taking photos all week and trying to edit them to achieve the most honest color I can.  I'm learning that my little camera can do lots of magic!  With luck, we should be up and running next week.  And then I'll gradually add to it!  I'll be interested in your feedback


Knitters Book Club


We started a new audiobook last night, Sea Glass, by Anita Shreve.  We had several new knitters in our group.  We'd love to have you join us as well!  Please be sure to let us know that you are coming so that we can plan for you in our menu.  As a reminder, we may cancel this event due to weather; make sure that we have your contact info.

1 comment:

writer said...

what a great news patteren, u can also visit for more news,
www.market2yarn.blogspot.com